The Xpert - European Computer Pass - course system
The European Computer Pass imparts thorough knowledge of practical skills in current application programs in the Office area. It consists of eight modules. Each module finishes with an examination that has been standardized throughout Europe.
Each pass is acknowledged with a certificate. The European Computer Pass Xpert is awarded following the successful completion of the compulsory modules, "Basic EDP", "Basic of Word-processing" and "Internet Basics". The European Computer Pass Xpert Master, is acquired after qualifying in two further optional modules.
The Faculty of Science has an exclusive license for Xpert certification in the following counties: Bihor, Arad, Satu Mare, Salaj. The Xpert European Computer Pass is well-recognized all over Europe. The Faculty of Science is a local examination center of Xpert and organises preparatory courses which are geared towards the examinations within the scope of Xpert. The labs for the Xpert courses are well-equiped with brand new computers. The trainers are teaching assistants from the Faculty's staff.
The features of the course system:
The courses are directed at participants from the private and public service and administration sector and the business sector of commercial and industrial enterprises as well at the self-employed with small to medium-sized companies.
Basic modules (3 modules)
1. Basics of EDP - This module is intended for all those wishing to use a Personal Computer (PC) for the first time. The following contents will be taught:
2. Basic Word-processing - This module imparts knowledge of the structure, features, functions and performance characteristics of a common wordprocessing system. The participants will learn by using a PC how to apply this program in practice.
3. Internet Basics - In addition to imparting practical skills, this module will provide understanding of the background and connections of the Internet and their implementation. The main points: Researching and publishing information on the WorldWideWeb, using the electronic mail system (e-mail), newsgroups and the prospect for further uses such as online banking and e-commerce.
Optional modules (5 modules)
1. Database application - This module imparts knowledge of the structure, features, functions and performance characteristics of a typical database system. The participants will learn by using a PC how to apply this program in practice.
2. Spreadsheets - This module imparts knowledge of the structure, features, functions and performance characteristics of a typical spreadsheet program. In addition, participants will practice using this program including graphic evaluation. The participants should have completed the "Basics EDP" course or have appropriate EDP knowledge.
3. Professional Wordprocessing - This module imparts knowledge and skills in regard to the following main points:
4. Presentation - With the help of modern presentation software, this module imparts knowledge of the following functions and main points:
5. Communication - This module imparts knowledge of the structure, features, functions and performance characteristics of a typical communication program.
University of Oradea, Faculty of Science